Useful Mac Services is a collection of handy OS X services and an application to manage and configure services on your system.
Services are contextual workflows available throughout OS X. They accept text or files from the current application or the Finder, and appear in the Services menu. They can be used to shorten repetitive tasks such as those performed on files or folders. The UMS app supports on-the-fly service customization via configuration plugins, also letting you easily edit the icon and description of each installed service. Letting UMS run continuously will add the ability to get notified about any changes in your services folder, or about available new or updated services.
Currently selectable service components:
- Symbolize services – Symbolize service menu items are simple service wrappers around symbolizelog, symbolizealllogs and add2symbolpath scripts (together with symbolizehelpers helper script) that can be used to symbolize OS X crash logs, hang, stall or sample files.
- Copy Paths services – Copy Paths add ability to copy full path, directory name or file name parts of the selected finder items to the clipboard.
- Mail Creation services – Mail Creation add ability to create mail with attachments (from the currently selected files/directories), with currently selected texts as message body or from clipboard content both via the default mailer of the current user.
- Make URL Tiny services – Make URL Tiny shortens the current URL the service invoked for and copies the produced short URL to the clipboard automatically or mail in message body of a new mail via the default mailer of the current user.
- Terminal services – Terminal service menu item currently serves one simple task, opens a new terminal tab and navigates to the selected path the service was invoked for.
- Run Elevated services – Run elevated menu item currently serves one simple task, runs the selected application or binary as root after elevating for gain proper rights to do so.