Google Chrome for Mac is widely popular because it offers Google-specific features on your Mac.
Download Google Chrome on your Mac to get a multi-functional web browser that’s easy to use and customize, no matter your skill level.
Google Chrome is preferred by two-thirds of browser users across platforms, securing that position by serving as a major platform of compatibility for web apps, and should not be confused for Chrome OS which is an operating system.
Licensed as proprietary freeware, Chrome uses the Apple WebKit rendering engine for iOS versions.
When you install Chrome on Mac, you automatically get access to Chrome DevTools with the browser. DevTools allows developers to simulate device and to collect vital information on their code and most other web applications in real-time to debug code and analyze load performance.
- Bookmarks and settings synchronization across devices and browsers
- Common Web standards support
- Advanced Malware and Ad blocking
- Plugins and extensions
- Privacy, Speed and Stability
- A user interface, themes, apps, and desktop shortcuts.
- Chrome Web Store
- Automatic web page translation
- Release channels, cycles, and updates.
- Release version numbers
This is the latest stable version and the safe option with all the features tested before release.
These versions are still in the testing stage so you can expect a bug, but you get to test the newest features first
Dedicated to the people who use the cutting-edge web platform APIs and developer tools to develop apps for all versions of the web. Weekly updates.
This is the experimental edition of Chrome with all the newest technologies still under development. This new technology is sometimes referred to as Bleeding edge technology, as it can sometimes break down completely and cause havoc.
The work in progress edition is mainly for developers who want to have information about future releases to help them in their creative processes.
Google no longer provides support for older versions than Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.
Can you install Google Chrome on a Mac?
Yes, you can. If you want to use Chrome as your default browser, you will need to manually set it to the default browser on your PC as Mac comes out with the Safari web browser pre-installed.
How do I download Google Chrome on a Mac?
- Select the correct version and download the installation file
- Locate and Open ‘googlechrome.dmg’;
- Find Chrome and drag it to the local Applications folder – you might need admin permissions for certain file locations;
- Open Chrome;
- Open Finder;
- In the sidebar, to the right of Google Chrome, click Eject.
How to make Chrome the default browser on Mac
- Launch Chrome.
- Locate the initial “Settings” section and scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Click on the “Make Google Chrome my default browser” option.
Can I make Chrome update automatically on Mac?
Click on the “three dots” icon in the top outer right corner. Select the “Help” then click on the “About Google Chrome’ option from the drop-down menu. Enable the “Automatically update Chrome for all users” option and restart Google Chrome on Mac.