Choose your favorite candidate from either Democratic standouts such as Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden, and Elizabeth Warren, or Republican favorites including Donald Trump, George W. Bush, and Mike Pence. Don’t like any of the current candidates? No problem, just create your own and adopt some truly wild ideologies (ban all video games – they’ll rot your brain)!
The Political Machine 2020 features unique ideology trees for candidates, allowing for unique experiences each and every playthrough! Earn ideology points from Town Halls and use them to own certain issues. Play as Bernie Sanders and take ownership of the ‘Medicare for All’ issue, or play as Donald Trump to own ‘Build the Wall’. It’s important to win 270 votes in the electoral college, so you’ll need to pay attention to what issues voters care about in the swing states. What plays well in Texas or California might hurt you in Ohio or Florida!
Do you think you have what it takes? Take to the campaign trail and show the nation why you should be the next President of the United States of America!
● Spread your Ideology – Participate in Town Hall events to earn ideology points and solidify your position on hot issues with your voters.
● Generate Enthusiasm – Use your power and money to purchase ads to discredit your opponent and influence voters. The greater enthusiasm your base has for an issue, the more effective your ad campaigns will be.
● Participate in Interviews – Accept invitations to various talk shows across the country in order to share your opinion on issues important to the American people.
● Choose your Candidate – Play as one of several candidates, each with their own custom stats like stamina, intelligence, charisma, media bias, and more.
● Manage your Campaign Budget – Purchase advertisements, travel across the country to campaign, and hire operatives to enhance your PR or cripple your opponent. Be wary – if you overspend and need extra cash, it might come from somewhere that will shake voters’ confidence in you!
● Create a Candidate – Customize your own front runner and race for the White House.
● Practice your Politics – A sophisticated underlying simulation model uses census data and real issues to test your political savvy.
● Be Ready for Anything – Torrid affairs, natural disasters, email scandals, and other “breaking news” events can pop up and change the direction of the campaign for better or worse.